What We Offer
Get your to-do list done.
Our key services
We do residential roofs only
A clean chimney is a safe chimney
We’re flexible, how can we help you?
Roof Repair and Maintenance
There are many things you can do to prolong the life of your corrugated iron roof before you need to replace it.
One Less Job can:
- Remove old lead-head nails and replace them with roof screws
- Replace rusty flashings, especially around chimneys and pipes where dust and debris collect and keep the iron damp
- Locate and repair leaks
- Replace rusty sections of your roof with new sheets of long-run roofing iron
- Spray your roof to remove moss and lichen
If your corrugated iron roof is beyond repair, we can provide you with a free, no obligation quote for a full replacement.
One Less Job is a member of the New Zealand Home Heating Association.
A clean chimney is a safe chimney. If you have a chimney fire, your insurance company may ask to see proof of when it was last cleaned as part of their insurance assessment.
We recommend getting your chimney cleaned annually. Cleaning the chimney removes blockages, soot build-up and creosote (which can ignite in your chimney and cause a fire) and keeps it working efficiently.
We typically take 15 to 30 minutes to do a chimney clean. We cover your floor while we’re working and make sure everything is spic and span before we leave.
Gutter Cleaning and Maintenance
Two-story house? No problem. We work at heights. We can clean out your gutters, repair and replace broken guttering and downpipes, or even re-level your gutters to improve the fall.
Cleaning out your gutters to keep them free of leaves, sticks and other debris is important.
- A clean gutter allows rain water to flow away fast and efficiently, reducing the risk of water overflowing and damaging the interior or exterior of your house.
- Trapped water in your gutter attracts bugs, insects and mold
- Gutters full of water, leaves, sticks, or even whole plants can be heavy, leading to gutters sagging or even breaking.
Let us cross other things off your to-do list!
If you’ve got other things on your to-do list that you think we might be able to help you with, give us a call. We’re always happy to help.
Frequently asked questions
Do you work on concrete tile or decramastic roofs?
We only work with steel (commonly called corrugated iron) roofs. We can, however, recommend other companies that specialise in concrete tile or decramastic roofs.
Do I need a building consent for roof repair or replacement work?
No consent is required for roof repair work. Generally no consent is required for roof replacement when you’re replacing like-for-like, but if you’re replacing your roof as part of some house alterations we recommend you contact the council to check.